up for some insurance matters.. March 19, 2009Posted by raincrystal in general info, personal.
1 comment so far
i’m officially back again to the blogosphere.. [thanks to the slowly diminishing school stuff and academic requirements].. nyahaha.. well buddies, in case you have noticed, i have been up to insurance matters over the past few weeks — just got really interested in the subject, if you ask me.. as you probably know, we have no control over time and circumstances — and we don’t have the slightest idea as to what could possibly happen to us in the next few minutes or so.. disasters are simply lurking in the corner, waiting to pounce on its victims..
people die, people acquire severe types of diseases, people get involve in road accidents, people can immediately lose their shelters when a fire happens to take place.. every minute, there are thousands of people around the globe experiencing the said things — and the next minute, it could be you, or it could be me.. while we cannot exactly prevent these calamities to occur, we have the power to prepare ourselves — and that’s the good thing..
we can look for trusted insurance companies and sign in for a partnership.. as you can see, perhaps the biggest hurdle that one has to surpass in times of accidents is on how to shoulder the expenses — which is where insurance firms come in.. they make the load a lot lighter since you can actually receive compensations which will ultimately help you in starting over.. so you can face unexpected crisis without the added fear of being broke..
because life has tons of good things to offer..
back to blogosphere.. February 27, 2009Posted by raincrystal in personal.
1 comment so far
come to think of it, i have not posted any new entries for roughly a month.. gah.. well, i have been super duper preoccupied lately (literally buried with school stuff).. waah..
well, now that i’m back again to the blogging world — uhh, i just hope that in the days to come i’ll be able to write entries regularly again..
take 5 little steps.. January 26, 2009Posted by raincrystal in musings, personal.
add a comment
kung hei fat choi..
now that the year of the ox has officially started, perhaps it would just be proper to come up with my own list of resolutions.. not that i can actually follow them doggedly all year round (*grins*) but hey, at least i have a few motivations to help me a little in staying at the right track..
so so, here goes:
(maybe i could really do these — at least until february)..
1.) try to be an early bird
(i have always been — in my 19 years of living — running late.. to school, to church, you name it.. poor time management i guess?)
2.) ditch the procrastinator idea
(waah.. can i really help it? i know it’s all wrong to put off ’till tomorrow what i can do today .. but can i help it?)
3.) underachievers are losers
(well, i can manage to live with this.. nyahaha..)
4.) be a little thrifty..
(yeah.. i really need to have a coinbank.. i’m always running out of cash.. poor me..)
5.) never ever be depressed 24/7
(can i actually do this one?)
so that’s about it.. my 5 little steps towards a regret-free 2009.. i’m depressed..
christmas wishlist part 2.. December 16, 2008Posted by raincrystal in foodie, personal, stuff.
add a comment
(the type of food i actually hope to see on our table on christmas eve)..
- the ever important ham — topped with raisins and pineapple
- hotdog barbecues
- a dish of sweet and sour fish or deep-fried tilapia
- buttered chicken with matching homemade gravy (yummy)
- fruit cake of course — would also love to try the french christmas log cake
- spaghetti with lots and lots of cheese, hotdogs, and ground meat
- baked macaroni
- chicken soup (tinolang manok, para simple)
- pancit for long life.. wakoko..
- lumpia (shanghai rolls para sa mga sosyal)
- loads and loads of junk foods and chips to munch on while watching TV
i just dunno if we’ll have lots of food on the 24th though — my mother has not even received her christmas bonus yet..
the birth of a food explorer.. December 9, 2008Posted by raincrystal in foodie, musings, personal.
1 comment so far
probably one of the most common denominators i share with my boyfriend is the fact that we are both certified food monsters (gobble gobble gobble).. thus, we have decided to come up with a team (exclusively composed of bubu and myself) — the food explorers.. the main goal of this partnership is of course to continuously scour the whole of davao city in search for yummy dishes and the best quality places to dine in.. and well, what is a name if there is no logo? so we have also taken care of that (and with a little help from an automobile company, that is).. so food explorers, here we go go go.. (gobble gobble gobble)..
(whirl)windstruck.. December 5, 2008Posted by raincrystal in emo, personal.
1 comment so far
during certain instances, i refuse to think how years and years before (when i was still in that extreme naive phase called childhood, that is) i would perceive life as if it was simply a merry whirl of activities in which every ticking second would be as easy and enjoyable as ever..
but, now that i think about it, life is really more of an unpredictable whirlwind where at times you would just wander aimlessly with absolutely no direction — and often, just when you set your mind on something you wanted to achieve, (boom!) the whirlwind blows into an entirely opposite path..
i am as hapless now as a leaf carried by the violent winds..
trippin’ over troublesome terrible tuesday.. December 3, 2008Posted by raincrystal in musings, personal.
1 comment so far
gah.. there are really some days when everything just doesn’t seem to get right (even if that little four leaf clover is tucked safely in your pocket).. take yesterday for instance — well, what can i say? perhaps it would be more apt if i call it a troublesome terrible tuesday.. ugh.. need some sort of a proof? scroll down..
- woke up at around 630 am and still i had not received any “gumurnen (good morning)” text from b— (we had a petty misunderstanding the night before actually)..
- in the course of ironing the clothes i would be wearing for the day, i accidentally pressed my finger on the flat iron (set to level 6, mind you) for 1 second, or maybe 2.. what could i say? poor little thumby..
- fastforward to 945 am when i was on my way to school — and the jeepney ride was anything EXCEPT nice (there were only 2 passengers aside from me and that would have been a good thing since i was able to avoid being packed inside a moving vehicle like a human sardine but, but, ugh — the jeepney was too stinky..) it actually seemed like it was loaded with lots and lots of fish and the smell just made me somewhat nauseated.. i was close to throwing up.. i do smell like a human sardine without the can!
- so after that stinky ride, i hailed a motorcycle for UP and taran-taran-taran, guess what? upon arriving at the university, i spotted my creative writing buddies huddled together at the atrium and quickly joined them.. somehow, i regretted it a bit since, arrrgh! a classmate dropped a comment as to why it smelled somewhat fishy (literally!).. nah, i’m fishy.. (embarassing. though i’m not sure if they had an idea that it was me..)
- next, philippine literature 2 subject, and i forgot to bring my own copy of the poems to be tackled in class — i swear i’m almost too sure i did stash the photocopies in my bag.. oh well..
- texted b– that he should get ready for his peace offering when we meet later in the afternoon (that was a bratty move alright).. what i really had in mind was that he would just pick up a little flower along the way (hihi) or maybe give me a chocolate bar but, *sigh*.. i liked his gift though and i would have to admit that it was just so sweet of him but, well, i didn’t want to accept the said peace offering since he spent bucks for it.. i just felt guilty..
- later that night: i was in the middle of watching TV when my grandma went to the sala — wearing b—‘s yellow sleeveless shirt (which he gave me as a keepsake).. instantly, i flared up.. if you want an understatement, my grandma and i are not in very good terms with each other (however, if you want me to be a lot specific, my grandma and i are NEVER in good terms with each other).. i don’t know what’s gotten into her but one thing is for sure: she got the said shirt from my bed and wore it like it was hers.. i told her to use her own clothes (she has 2 cabinets full of them) and remove my shirt but she just wouldn’t.. arrrgh..
- i cried while “i love betty la fea” was aired on TV..
- for the very 1st time since the start of my stay in my aunts’ house (which began on 2006), my tita scolded me — SO SO SO BADLY.. she never said harsh things to me before.. (i’m not in the mood for details now, sorry)..
- “when will this tuesday end?”
see? see? i told you that yesterday was a troublesome terrible tuesday.. here is b—‘s own troublesome terrible tuesday experience:
after having eaten dinner, we decided to depart early (around 715) since it was beginning to drizzle.. originally, b—‘s jeepney rides home would take him roughly an hour and a half (nearly 2 hours if traffic is bad).. i expected him to be home by 830.. however, this is a troublesome terrible tuesday so would you believe me if i tell you that he got home past 11 pm? well, it rained (rained really hard especially in the downtown areas) and not long after, the main streets were flooded (water’s up to the knee level) so the engine of the jeepney that b— was riding died down (tumirik eh).. and that delayed the journey home.. so many people were stranded in the said area (j. p. laurel avenue was one of the city’s main streets after all) and all of the jeepneys were jampacked.. if he would get out of the jeepney, naturally, his leather shoes (two week old leather shoes) would get drenched in the flood so b— decided that he would wait for a while and see if the driver can fix the engine.. past 9 pm, he got out of the vehicle and just walked along the highway and after which, he hailed a jeepney plying a different route (since it was the only one that was not that full).. he got off near ladislawa (which was still kilometers from home) and walked again.. and walked.. and walked.. until finally, at long last, he was able to get another ride bound for buhangin.. that was a few minutes before 11 pm.. he still had to wake up by 5 am for work..
hopefully, tuesday next week and all the other 3rd days of the weeks to come would be a little more better.. God’s grace.. ^-^
farewell tanka November 21, 2008Posted by raincrystal in emo, literary thingy, love, musings, personal, poetry.
add a comment
scattered puzzle bits
used to being side by side;
wilted bunch of blooms
forgotten by you, by me —
how do we say our goodbyes?
my 12 days of christmas wishlist.. November 20, 2008Posted by raincrystal in musings, personal, stuff.
add a comment
(yeah.. i know, i know.. it’s still 35 days before december 25th.. but, but..)
here’s my list anyway:
- a new mobile phone (preferably samsung omnia or nokia n70)
- feet treats (a pair of havaianas flip flops and hi-cut black converse sneakers)
- chic shades
- 12-month subscription of “seventeen” or “candy” mags
- books, books, books (“twilight” series by stephenie meyer or any nicholas sparks or stephen king novel)
- a day at the carnival (wakoko.. spell fun, fun, fun)
- basic tools for accesory making (so i could come up with my own line of earrings and trinkets)
- 5000 pesos for wardrobe updating..
- sporty watch with gray straps
- a night of strolling the downtown area (or shopping ’till midnight..)
- free trip to macahambus nature park in cagayan
- peace (for you and for me and the entire human race)
a lot like love November 18, 2008Posted by raincrystal in emo, literary thingy, love, personal, poetry.
add a comment
a single broken fork,
a couple of plastic cups,
lots of crumpled paper —
and you start to realize
that they’re all just clutter…
yesterday, they’re needed;
now, they’re useless.
and you squint at the same thought
because it’s a lot like love,
where one is left behind —
broken and utterly